EZ Money History
EZ Money was first founded in December 2007 under the Malaysian Companies Act and became an authorized remittance company licensed by Bank Negara Malaysia in July 2008. EZ Money began operations with its first branch in Centre Point Kota Kinabalu in the same year and has never looked back since; opening branches in succession in strategic underserved locations to facilitate better service for our customers, upgrading and investing in technology and systems to improve our service offerings and growing alongside our customers and the Money Services Business industry in Malaysia. We will continue to draw on our rich heritage whilst never forgetting our humble beginnings, in order to offer the very best services to our customers and delivering on our promise of “Moving Money is Easy”.
- EZ Money Express Sdn Bhd is incorporated on the 27th of August 2007 under the Malaysian Companies Act 1965.
- EZ Money becomes an authorized remittance company licensed by Bank Negara Malaysia in July 2008 under the Payment Systems Act.
- EZ Money officially opens its first branch in Centre Point Kota Kinabalu in the 1st of August 2008.
- EZ Money launches its own in-house developed V2 Remittance System to simplify transaction processing and reduce transaction turnaround time.
- EZ Money opens new branches in the East Coast region of Sabah to cater for the underserved markets in the area. EZ Money now has a total of seven branches in Sabah.
- EZ Money collaborates with Moneygram International to hold the “EZ Money Moneygram Beauty Contest 2011”.
- EZ Money officially begins operations at its new Headquarters at KK Times Square, Sabah on the 9th of December 2011.
- EZ Money opens its very first branch in Perth, Australia on the 7th of March 2012 and officially launches remittance services to and from Australia and Malaysia.
- EZ Money upgrades its remittance system to the V3 Remittance System, enabling more efficient transaction processing.
- EZ Money opens its very first branch in the Sarawak region with its Bintulu branch on the 4th of August 2012.
- EZ Money collaborates with Moneygram International to hold the “EZ Money Moneygram Christmas Carol 2012” event.
- EZ Money hosts its very first Annual Dinner and Awards Night on the 25th of January 2013.
- Ernst and Young is engaged by EZ Money as its official company auditor on the 7th of February 2013.
- EZ Money is the chief sponsor for the “Hari Kemerdekaan” event at the Konsulate Jenderal Republik Indonesia for Kota Kinabalu and Tawau.
- EZ Money collaborates with Moneygram International to hold the “EZ Money Moneygram Superstar 2013” event.
- EZ Money’s flagship Sarawak branch is launched in Kuching on the 3rd of February 2014.
- EZ Money launches its EZ Bas service to provide mobile booth remittance services to the plantations and estates of Sabah on the 21st of March 2014.
- EZ Money’s Managing Director represents EZ Money to speak at the Regional Conference of Money Services Business organized by Bank Negara Malaysia and the Worldbank.
- EZ Money launches its NXGEN Remittance System, enabling web connectivity and real time transaction processing.
- EZ Money begins expanding its operations to West Malaysia with the opening of its Remittance Centre in Subang Jaya on the 1st of September 2014.
- EZ Money collaborates with Moneygram International to hold the “EZ Money Moneygram Gangstarz 2015” event.
- EZ Money organizes the “Mega Draw” event as part of its seven years’ anniversary.
- EZ Money collaborates with Bank Rakyat Indonesia to sponsor a Dangdut Concert at the Konsulate Jenderal Republik Indonesia on the 17th of August 2015.
- EZ Money is awarded a Class A MSB license by Bank Negara, enabling the offering of currency exchange services alongside its remittance services on the 5th of April 2016.
- EZ Money launches its first currency exchange counter at its Centre Point branch together with its EZ Money Changing (EMC) System on the 26th of April 2016.
- EZ Money organizes the “Menang Mimpimu” event and gives away the grand prize of a Perodua Axia as part of the promotion.
- EZ Money launches its NXGEN 2.0 Remittance System, improving back office monitoring and controls and improving overall efficiency for the processing of transactions.
- EZ Money collaborates with Moneygram International to hold the “EZ Money Moneygram Beauty Contest 2017” event on the 16th of April 2017.